Phong obtained his Bachelor of Science Degree from the University of California, Davis and his Juris Doctor from the University of California, Hastings College of the Law.
Phong has worked as an attorney in one of California’s largest real estate law firms, for the United States government, for a corporation and for a privately held real estate holding company. Phong has also worked as an adjunct professor teaching Real Estate Law, Economics and Property Management.
Civic Involvement, Professional Associations and Memberships:
• Member of the Alameda County Bar Association
• Member of the National Association of Realtors, California Association of Realtors, Bay East Association of Realtors
• Member of the Rental Housing Owners Association of Southern Alameda County
• Member of the City of Alameda Rotary Club
• Member of the Newark Chamber of Commerce
• Member of the Executive Committee for Asian Americans for Good Government Political Action Committee
• Former Board Member of Non-Profit Organizations throughout the Bay Area including Bay Area Women Against Rape, the Vietnamese Community Center of the East Bay, and Daily Bowl.
• Former Chairperson, California Commission on Asian Pacific Islander Affairs
• Former Vice President of Asian Pacific Islander American Public Affairs Association
• Former Commissioner, City of Fremont Human Relations Commission
• Former Board Member of the Barristers Executive Committee Alameda County Bar Association
• Former President of the API Democratic Caucus of Alameda County
The Citizen of the Year in 2014 by Citizens for a Better Community
Nancy’s Hero in 2014 by Alameda County District Attorney Nancy O’Malley
The Advocate of the Year in 2014 by Indo-American Community Federation
The Small Business Owner of the Year in 2013 for State Senate District 10
The Asian Pacific Islander American Heritage Leadership Award in 2013 for Assembly District 25
President of the student body at the University of California, Davis in 1999